Opportunities in Education
Independent School District 728
Minnesota’s eighth largest school district, ISD 728 is a progressive district located 35 miles northwest of Minneapolis. Proudly serving more than 13,000 students and more than 50,000 lifelong learners in all or parts of Albertville, Dayton, Elk River, Otsego, Ramsey, Rogers, St. Michael, Zimmerman and Nowthen, as well as the townships of Big Lake, Baldwin, Livonia, Orrock and Stanford.
Ten elementary schools, five middle schools and four high schools provide opportunities for ALL learners to discover and develop their unique talents. ISD 728 offers:
- Comprehensive curriculum that combines arts with academics, early childhood – grade 12.
- All-day, every day 6.5-hr kindergarten program.
- World language courses in Spanish, French and German.
- Advanced Placement and College in the Schools.
- Career Technical Education (CTE) programs.
- AVID (Advanced Via Individual Determination) college readiness program, grades 8-12.
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) elementary and middle schools.
- EdVenture Club: Before and after school enrichment and childcare for grades K-5.
- Online courses and flexible scheduling.
Additional Programming that includes DECA (Distributive Education Clubs of America), IMPACT (Inspire, Mentor, Pride, Achievement, Character, Training) leadership program, arts magnet program, music and theater, National Honor Society and state champion athletics teams.
On state and national exams, ISD 728 students continue to outperform the majority of their peers locally and nationally. In 2017, ISD 728 students ranked #1 in Minnesota in math of the top 10 school districts in enrollment. And #3 reading and science.
ISD 728’s Mission
Our mission is to educate, inspire and empower our diverse learners, to shape their futures, to accomplish their dreams and to contribute positively to our local and global communities.
We take great pride in Community Education programming, which serves all learners, from pre-schooler to senior citizen.