River's Edge Commons Park Expansion Project is Underway!
7 Sep 2016
- Construction begins on August 22, 2016.
- Substantial completion by October 1, 2016.
- Final completion in the Spring of 2017.
- Begining August 22 the lower city parking lot will be closed to provide a staging area for construction. A construction fence will be installed between the Elk River Lutheran Church and the city parking lots, as well as aroud the top of the existing plaza to prevent access to the construction site.
- Once complete this expansion will nearly double the seating capacity for the summer concert series and provide an exceptional venue for weddings.
If you have any questions, please contact Parks and Recreation Director Michael Hecker at 763.635.1161 or mhecker@ElkRiverMN.gov
A 1958 Dodge restored from ruins by an Elk River family will be showcased Sunday, June 5, in Excelsior. The car is one of the juried entries accepted to be shown in the fourth annual 10,000 Lakes Concours d’Elegance (“competition of elegance” in French). The event runs from 10 a.m. t...
Jun 5 2016
The Zimmerman City Council voted May 16 to move ahead with a set of 2016 street and utility improvements after affected residents and business owners had a chance to express their hopes and concerns with the project. The council authorized two segments, and bids on the project will be opened o...
The United States Postal Service has sold a 4.5-acre site in Elk River to a developer of senior housing. An entity related to Stillwater-based Hearth Development paid $1.4 million for the vacant site on the northeast corner of Line Avenue and 181st Avenue, according to Certificate of Real Estate Value file...